It is starting to feel like spring (well at least it is above 50 degrees today)! This week’s Clean Eats recipe is easy, healthy and perfect for spring and summer time! Our client Barbara is sharing her new favorite way to spice up a spinach salad.
This recipe is from the blog Gimme Some Oven. There are so many different ways to make this salad! Barbara exchanges the blue cheese for goat cheese and uses her own balsamic dressing. I love that healthy fats like avocado and almonds that we just discussed in the latest FitFuel post are included in the ingredients too! Here’s what you’ll need…
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 avocado, diced (or you can double this to 2 avocados!)
- 4 ounces crumbled gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- half a small red onion, thinly sliced
- poppyseed dressing (recipe below)
Poppyseed Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup avocado oil (or any oil, such as olive oil)
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- pinch of ground dry mustard (optional)
- salt and pepper
Prep time: 10 minutes
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together until combined.
- Toss all ingredients together with your desired amount of dressing until combined. Serve immediately.
Now this is a salad you will look forward to eating!!! Add some protein like chicken or salmon to create a full, balanced meal. Double these ingredients to make a big salad for the week. Thanks for sharing, Barbara!